www.ddr.cz Diskuze

Přihlásit

Zapomenuté heslo »
Nová registrace »

TV spot jednoho z prodejců

Anketa

Líbí se vám design tanečních podložek řady X-Pad?

Celkem hlasovalo: 5595

Hledání

DDR.cz – Diskuze
provoz sponzoruje e-shop www.kukacka.cz - váš e-shop s dárky

World of Warcraft Players Stage In-Game Protest Over Activis (Výběr taneční podložky)

freeamfva, Úterý, 10. srpen 2021, 05:06 (před 326 dny)

World of Warcraft Players Stage In-Game Protest Over Activision Blizzard Lawsuit

World of Warcraft players are staging in-game sit-down protests against Activision Blizzard, with players from across the world, spanning both factions, meeting up and sitting down on the stairs of Oribos in a great show of unity. You may have a few questions about why they're doing this in-game, why they're doing it at all (though the title gives that away), and this is something I'll cover very shortly.To get more news about safest place to buy wow gold, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

First, I want to do the right thing and give image credit to the title image to Fence Macabre on Twitter - the guild which I will mention later. Second, I want to give some backstory on Activision Blizzard as a whole and how the recent sexual harassment lawsuit that brought this about is just in keeping with the way that company exists permanently.

Activision Blizzard, in my opinion, wildly mistreats its employees. This is something I've been saying more than enough in the past, from when I first discussed the closure of two offices with core staff (which the company declared to be non-development staff at the time). Activision Blizzard's PR directly contacted me following this piece, not happy over my calling them studios. It was also seemingly noted my strong insistence that localisation and support staff are, in my opinion, and using the power of logic, game development staff - this will come up.

Later news saw Activision Blizzard announce in its earnings that it would need to hire 2000 new staff to meet demand. It was pertinent to point out that this was after roughly eighteen months of mass layoffs, leading to the question "who left these rampant chimps in charge?" and more. Following this news, Activision Blizzard went on a hiring spree. Wait, no, sorry, they laid off even more people, though making a point to say that the layoffs would impact no localisation or customer support staff.

One needs to remember that all of this took place against the backdrop of a worldwide pandemic that was already costing people's livelihoods. But surely the pandemic impacted games? Yes! Games did better than ever before, and Activision Blizzard posted record revenues year after year, making more money than ever. To reward staff for this exemplary feat, they were laid off and given a $200 gift card, while Bobby Kotick was awarded a $200 million cash bonus. A further announcement was then made with plans to lay off even more staff, making it clear that the layoffs would not impact localisation or customer support staff (strange how that kept coming about).

I want to come back to the original of these links and bring up a point by the union protecting the French workers; this stated that Activision Blizzard "willingly deteriorated word conditions to a point where Psycho-social risks raised dangerously, forcing work inspection to intervene and the CSE to launch a 'droit d'alerte'."

So, how does this all link in? The long story short is that the lawsuit alleges that Activision Blizzard has fostered a “frat boy” culture in which female employees face discrimination when it comes to “compensation, assignment, promotion, [and] termination” and “constant sexual harassment". Furthermore, the lawsuit highlights issues with women being paid less and given fewer opportunities than men within the company. You can read all about the lawsuit and the response from Activision Blizzard here.

309 zobrazení

Celý thread:

RSS-Feed této diskuze

8390 příspěvků v 7387 vláknech, 3544 přihlášených uživatelů, 15 online přihlášení uživatelé (0, 15 hosté)
Čas fóra: 02.07.2022, 04:27

Novinky

Již tuto sobotu 9.2. PARDUBICE TURNAJ NA TANEČNÍCH PODLOŽKÁCH

06/02/2013

9. února 2013 - SPOFESTA CUP - TURNAJ NA TANEČNÍCH PODLOŽKÁCH

více

TvFit opět v prodeji

31/07/2012

Vážení zákazníci a příznivci tanečních podložek. Dnešním dnem je opět k dispozici interaktivní podložka TvFit.

více

Vesnička Sedlo Vás zve v neděli 29.7. 2012.

20/07/2012

Malebná vesnička Sedlo v Jižních Čechách si Vás dovoluje pozvat na pouťové odpoledne pro děti. Čeká Vás spousta legrace a her pro malé i větší. V neposlední řadě bude možnost si zaskákat na tanečních podložkách a pořádně se vyřádit.

více

PlayDance ve Fitku EDEN

20/06/2012

Ve fitku Eden v Jindřichově Hradci... Taneční podložky a Playdance, Fitko EDEN Jarošovská ulice, každé úterý a neděli od 18:30

více

Turnaj na tanečních podložkách (Brno, 8.5.2012)

02/05/2012

Všechny vášnivé tanečníky zveme na blížící se turnaj v Brně. Všechny potřebné informace naleznete na uvedeném odkazu.

více

Herní víkend se soutěží o taneční podložku

26/03/2012

Herní klub Griffin chystá poslední březnový víkend setkání milovníků deskových her Herní Víkend (30.3.- 1.4.2012)! Těšit se můžete zcela jistě na spoustu her, turnaje, lapry, testování her, čajovnu a dobrou společnost.

více

archiv

Aktuální diskuse

The use of disposable paper cups

30/06/2022

The biggest function of paper cups is to hold beverages, such as carbonated drin...

více

Twenty20 betting line

29/06/2022

Hi. You can check out the Twenty20 betting line here and place your bet [link=ht...

více

Notfall im Büro

29/06/2022

Sie haben einen Notfall, weil es irgendwo im Rohr einen Wasserbruch geben könnte...

více

Prodejci

Přeskočit na obsah

• DDR.CZ
  • Velkoobchod
  • Reklamace
  • Ke stažení
  • Diskuze
  • Kontakt